Vice President, Marketing Analytics and Strategy at SONY Pictures Entertainment
March 2016 – Current / Culver City, California
- Provides deep analysis, interpretation and actionable insights for the most diverse supplier of programming to more different networks and platforms than any other U.S. content provider.
- Intricately involved in development and deployment of updated and enhanced analytic tools encompassing both linear and non-linear media, social sentience and both qualitative and quantitative analysis of diagnostics and platforms to drive viewership, franchise opportunities and brand expansion.
- Have led internal efforts to expand intel and competitive knowledge of SVOD, AVOD and OTT platforms.
Note: Previously served as Vice President and Executive Director, Programming Research; consultant from June 2015 through March 2016.
Vice President, Program Planning and Acquisitions at GSN
February 2012 – June 2015 / Santa Monica
- Headed strategic planning, competitive analysis, program purchasing and inventory management for 80 MM subscriber cable network.
- Delivered three consecutive calendar years of key demographic growth (+43% over tenure) and successfully launched network’s first-ever original series reaching more than 1 million viewers.
SVP Strategic Planning and Research at FX NETWORKS LLC
November 1999 – June 2009
- Headed research and strategic planning design for industry-leading network and additional emerging FOX Cable Networks including speciality sports and unscripted entertainment platforms.
- Introduced innovative and effective research paradigms into decision-making processes with consistently impactful and effective results.
- Designed and implemented rebranding and repositioning for FX’s evolution into a Top 5, award-winning cable network with record ratings and ground-breaking critical acclaim.
Additional information regarding Steve Leblang’s work and expertise may be found on his Linkedin page.
State University of New York at Oswego